Friday, December 31, 2010

You're in My Thoughts, You're in My Heart

What an adventure trying to get this picture. Winter just makes it difficult to get good sunlight, but add in cloud cover and it's next to impossible. I took about 25 pics today in two different locations to get this one shot. A sneak peek into the secret life of Bloggers ;)

This card covers two challenges: Mojo Monday 171 and the Friday Mashup #25 Sweet on Hearts.
The Mojo Challenge was perfect for this card because I just got this DSP from the 'Man in Brown' and it let me play with a few different papers in the pack. This sentiment and the hearts for the Mashup Challenge were the perfect finish.

If you don't have this paper yet, it's a must have. Not sure why I waited so long to get it ;)

Stamps: I {Heart} Hearts & Word Play
Paper: Cherry Cobbler, Basic Black and Very Vanilla Cardstock; Love Letter DSP
Ink: Jet Black Stazon & Tea Dye Distress Ink
Accessories: Paper Piercer & Mat Pack, Black Satin Ribbon and Linen Thread

10 comments:

Holly said...

This came out so pretty... I love the look of it with the DSP. So all those shots you took were worth it! I'm the same way, take like 20 pictures to get just one, you should see the photo folders on my computer lol..

Thanks for playing along with The Friday Mashup!

Susie W. said...

This card is beautiful! I love the colors and all of the layering. Okay, now I have to have that DSP :)
I know what you mean about having to take SO many pics, just to get one or two good ones. I think I took 8 pics of the card I made yesterday.
Anyway...I love your card!

Terry said...

I love this card! I had a tough time with photos till I bought a small table-top Ott light. With some of the 12" x 12" white backing from my dsp packs, I create a white "box" of sorts and it's helped immensely with taking photos of my cards and other projects.

BrossArtAddiction said...

Beautiful and elegant!
love that sentiment!

Tracey xx :D

Lesley said...

Hi Julie,
This is such a beautiful card! I love the DSP and yes, you have inspired me to think of getting it!! I love the muted beautiful look to this card!! So classy and elegant. Your picture of it is perfect!!
Hugs!
Lesley

Joanne Leddy said...

Oh, I love this! Fabulous colors and the layout is divine! Don't you love that background paper? Thanks for sharing!

Shirley Pumpkin said...

Girl.. your card is so beautiful.. I love it. That paper is one of my fav's and I love what you did with it. Great Card. I am so glad you joined us at Friday Mashup!!

Hugs
Shirley Pumpkin

Anonymous said...

You have been chosen as the Mashup Maven this week.. Congrats!! I loved your card! Don't forget to get the badge to put on your blog. Plus you get to be the GD for the week of the 14th! YEAH!!

Hugs
Shirley

LeAnne said...

Oh my gosh, this is beautiful! Your work is just exquisite!

Allison said...

This is beautiful! I'm going to have to CASE it!