Saturday, December 11, 2010

Altered Comp Book - Just Sweet

I got together with a girlfriend a few months ago and we made an Altered Composition Book. I got a little over eager and bought about 30 of these comp books. Will I ever make 30??? It may take 30 years, but either way, they were $.20 each and I couldn't resist.

I can't remember if I shared my first book with you guys, but this one is much improved. I added quite a few more embellies. This paper is from my Pre-SU days and was just sitting in my quite large patterned paper stash gathering dust. It's beautiful and just so girly.

The butterflies seemed like a natural addition. The large butterfly for the focal point is the Beautiful Butterflies Die. I cut 3 different sizes and layered them. The little tiny butterflies are from the Beautiful Wings Embosslits. Both are available through Stampin Up.

For the front and back cover, I just traced an outline of the comp book and cut them out. The binding is cut about 4 inches and added over the other papers. I also cover the inside front cover. You will definitely want to use a heavy adhesive for this. I used Sticky Strip, but a large adhesive gun would make this job a lot easier...and quicker.

These take some time to make, but are so worth it. They could be a fabulous inexpensive holiday gift. If you try one, be sure to leave me a link....I'd love to see your design.


Stamp: Word Play
Paper: Whisper White Cardstock; Basic Gray LilyKate DSP
Ink: Lavendar Lace Classic Ink (Retired)
Accessories: Composition Book, Beautiful Butterflies Die, Beautiful Wings Embosslits, Paper Piercer & Mat Pack, Old Olive Satin Ribbon, Lavender Buttons, Linen Thread, Mini Glue Dots and Sticky Strip