Monday, December 27, 2010

Sew Cute!

This card started out as (1) a New Year's Card, (2) a way to use up some scraps and (3) a simple layout. I guess 1 out of 3 ain't bad ;)

I was inspired by this card at Jessica Witty's Witticisms Blog. She called hers a 10MSPC (10 Minute Scrap Pile Card.) I love it...however, none of my cards EVER turn out that way.

I have tons of little scraps from my Sweet Pea DSP pack that I love and just can't part with. This was the perfect way to put them to use. Initially, it was designed like her card, but for me, it just wasn't workin'. So, I flipped it on a vertical card and Bingo, there it was.

I couldn't find a stamp image that I liked so I pulled out these Stitching Templates I got earlier this month. You pierce your paper using the template and then sew away. I got some pretty fancy get-ups for the thread, but really, all it is is embroidery thread. Simply adorable! I want to make a boy card as well, but I have to wait on some boyishly blue buttons.

On a side note, I didn't have a border punch in this style, so I punched out circles and adhered them to the back of the base. Works perfectly ;)

Hope you like it & thanks for stopping by!

Stamps: None
Paper: Crumb Cake & Blushing Bride Cardstock; Sweet Pea DSP (Retired)
Ink: None
Accessories: Stitch Template, Needle, Floss, 3/4" Circle Punch, Button and Sheer Brown Ribbon

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Adorable! I love the stitching. So neat!

Pauline said...

Beautiful, love the stitching.