Sunday, December 12, 2010

FTL 120: Wish Big

I whipped this birthday card together for my nephew. I went through my papers and found this sheet from the Travel Journal DSP. Before I trimmed it down, it looked very surfer-ish, but now that I'm looking at it, I hope it's not too flourish-y for a masculine card.

I went in search of a sketch and found this one at Clean and Simple Stamping. I must say, I enjoyed making this card. It seems that all of the holiday cards I've been making have been so complex. It was nice to get back to the basics of color and paper: two of the things that drew me to paper crafting.

I did have a sad moment on this card...this was the last of my Kraft Taffeta Ribbon. Why oh why did SU! not read my memo to keep it...hee hee ;)

This heads out in the mail this week. Hope he likes it!

Stamps: Word Play
Paper: Night of Navy, Bashful Blue, Crumb Cake and Very Vanilla Cardstock; Travel Journal DSP (Retired)
Ink: Night of Navy Classic Ink
Accessories: Circle Nestabilities, Swiss Dots Embossing Folder, Kraft Taffeta Ribbon and Pop Dots

3 comments:

Ivanka said...

Love this. Beautiful color combo.

Doris said...

This is definitely a masculine card, and a beautiful one at that! I had no idea you used surfer-type dsp!

Unknown said...

Beautiful card! I really like the DSP. Oh - in the new Occasions Mini they have Crumb Cake Taffeta ribbon! I bought some for myself because I was also sad they didn't have any in the main catalog. Woo Hoo!