Saturday, December 11, 2010

Altered Comp Book - Shabby Chic

Oh, I had a lot of fun making this comp book! So many different pieces and they all came together perfectly.

This design was inspired by a mini album made by Rose Blackburn that I saw in our October Stampin Success Demo magazine. She had layered multiple border punches and I loved the look it gave.

I used three border punches on my book: Eyelet Border Punch, Scallop Trim Border Punch and the Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border Punch. They layered just perfectly. I put them all together and then adhered to the Newsprint DSP.

Those fancy flowers in the corner are made with the Scallop Circle Punch. I punched 9 for each flower. Once they're punched, you stack them up and attach them with a brad. They'll be flat, so you start on the top layer and crinkle it up. You continue with that till all the layers are a bit crinkled. It's perfect for a shabby/vintage look.

Before I put everything together, all the edges were distressed with some Vintage Photo Ink. I love how it turned out...and it's probably my favorite of the three. Which one is yours? Leave me a comment...I'd love to know. Thanks for stopping by!

Stamps: None
Paper: Cherry Cobbler, Basic Black and Very Vanilla Cardstock; Newsprint DSP
Ink: Vintage Photo Distress Ink
Accessories: Composition Book, Eyelet Border Punch, Scallop Trim Border Punch, Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border Punch, Scallop Circle Punch, 1/16" Circle Punch, Sending Love Epoxy Brad (Retired), Black Satin Ribbon, Linen Thread, Button Latte (Retired) and Sponges

0 comments: