Monday, January 3, 2011

A Heart that Glitters

I saw this challenge over at 365 Cards - The 3 G's: Green, Glitter and Grosgrain. I immediately thought of a technique I did a long time ago using Sticky Strip. You take a piece of sticky strip, add it to your cardstock/DSP, peel the top and add glitter. So easy!!!

As I was looking through my DSP, I realized that I do not have a lot of green prints. I did stumble across this sheet in the Sweet Pea DSP. The pink definitely works for Valentine's Day and I happened to have some green and pink glitter.

Blinging up the heart was easy...designing the rest of the card, not so much. I finally did what the DSP was telling me, "Cut on the Diagonal!" So, I did. I really like how it all turned out.

I'm back to work tomorrow *sigh* so I won't get to create as much as I have the past two weeks. I will miss it. Enjoy your week!

Stamps: Teeny Tiny Wishes
Paper: Blushing Bride, Wild Wasabi, Garden Green & Whisper White Cardstock; Sweet Pea DSP
Ink: Pear Pizzaz Classic Pad
Accessories: Full Heart XL Punch, Paper Piercer & Mat Pack, Green Brads and Green & Pink Glitter

6 comments:

LeAnne said...

What a great idea----a good one for my upcoming stamp clubs! Thanks--sweet card!

Unknown said...

I love the diagonal strips and definitely the glitter technique with sticky strip. This is a super cute card!

Pam said...

What a great technique, TFS! And your card is beautiful!!

Pauline said...

This is gorgeous! Love the glitter on the sticky strip, very pretty!

Joanne Leddy said...

Soooo sweet. Love the pink with the greens. How very clever of you to use a diagonal! Very cute card. Thanks for sharing!

♥Jan♥ said...

Green and pink together - what a gorgeous dainty look. And thanks for the glitter tip! I am going to try that one.