The card I have for you today is one of the cutest cards I've seen in a while. It's an Easel card. After admiring from afar, I finally sat down and got to work on my own.
The inspiration for my card was this one by Michelle Last. So stinkin' cute and actually pretty easy to make.
1. Cut a standard horizontal card base at 4 1/4 x 11 (fold in half)
2. Measure in 5/8" from each side and mark with a pencil (these are the legs)
3. Measure 1 3/4" up from the base and mark with a pencil (this creates the horizontal line)
4. Take your trimmer and cut vertically from the bottom edge of the card at the 5/8" mark up to
the 1 3/4" mark on each side
5. Take your trimmer and cut between the two vertical cuts to create the horizontal cut
6. This will create your legs. (A rectangle punch would work perfectly too)
7. Finish it off by stamping with the Hardwood stamp
The sentiment on the card is a stamp from the Sale-A-Bration catalog called Big Day. Definitely my favorite Freebie! It is heat embossed with White onto the Chalkboard Paper. The banner was created using the Banner Punch and adhered directly to the card and finished off with some Linen Thread. Love it!
The stamp set and printed paper are no longer available, but everything is. If you'd like to add any of these to your collection, pop me an email, click on the Item ID under the pictures or click on the Order icon in the top right-hand corner. Thanks for stopping by!
|Chalkboard Paper: 137786 $7.95|
|Hardwood Stamp: 133035 (Clear $13.95) 133032 (Wood $17.95)|
|Banner Punch: 133519 $12.95|
Paper: Crumb Cake Cardstock; Chalkboard Paper; Print Poetry DSP Stack
Ink: Crumb Cake Classic Pad & Whisper White (sponged on the chalkboard)
Accessories: Banner Punch, Linen Thread, White Embossing Power, Embossing Tool, Sponge, Paper Trimmer, Pencil