Sunday, July 25, 2010

Little Things

I saw this card by Julie Lacey and had to CASE it. I loved the layered scallops and the Top Note. The colors are inspired by the new DSP: Elegant Soiree. I can't wait to get my hands on it.

Originally, I put the card together with the just the flower image and the message. But, when I went to photograph it, the top left corner looked completely empty. So, it was back to the drawing board. I went through all my brads and settled on this Dragonfly that I've had laying around forever. To give it a flying trail, I pulled out my Classy Brass Template and punched some holes.

I love how it turned out. Of course, I did use some of my beloved Baja Breeze Ribbon...but it was worth it!

Thanks for stopping by!

Stamps: Happy Harmony (Retired) & Of the Earth (Retired Hostess)
Paper: Baja Breeze, Soft Suede,Very Vanilla and Crumb Cake Cardstock
Ink: Soft Suede Classic Pad
Accessories: Top Note Die, Scallop Edge Punch, Classy Brass Template, Rhinestones, Baja Breeze Satin Ribbon, Dragonfly Brad, Paper Piercer and Dimensionals/Pop Dots

4 comments:

Heather Rogers said...

Super cute and I love the little dragon fly brad.
Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving me such a sweet comment. :)

Master P said...

Where did you get the baja breeze satin ribbon? I love it and I need it!!! Great card!!! TFS!!!

Angela Timms said...

Julie-I saw you left a comment on my blog! :) Thanks!!I came over to check out your creations and I'm (sure) glad I did! You rock girl-I looove your work! I will definitely be back again and again-awesome job!!-Angela

Vicki Burdick said...

Gorgeous, love the added dragonfly charm, totally adorable!!!