Sunday, August 23, 2009

Mojo Monday Challenge - Vintage Baby Girl




Hello Everyone,

I hope you all have had a great weekend! Mine was good, but has gone by too fast. I had a sponging class on Saturday and everyone's cards turned out so cute. I love to see how everyone takes the designs and tweaks them to their own individual styles.

Since I've found a new love of vintage cards, I sat down to play today...just for fun! One of the blogs I follow is MojoMonday. Every Monday they post a sketch and invite everyone to share their design. Well, this past week they turned 100 and posted a sketch every day for the week. I chose to do Sketch Challenge Day #6. Here is the blog if you'd like to check it out: http://mojomonday.blogspot.com/.

Since I had the sketch to work with, it made getting started a little easier. I had some Basic Grey paper that I thought would be perfect for this card...and I was right. I decided on two different designs in the LilyKate paper pack. I had planned on making a card for a friend, but with all this pink, I couldn't pass up making a Baby Girl card. Now I just need to have someone have a Baby Girl! Maybe we'll have one at Navarrete ;) For my first vintage card, I'm very happy with how it turned out. I will probably add some Stickles to the edge card base and the Accordian Flower, but I didn't have the right color. I'll just have to add another pink to my collection ;) Hope you enjoy the card...and have a great Monday!

Stamps: Short & Sweet, Cause for Celebration (Retired Hostess Set)
Paper: Very Vanilla & Blush Blossom Cardstock, Basic Grey LilyKate Pack
Ink: Ranger Tea Dye Distress Ink
Accessories: Sponges, Distressing Tool, Eyelet Border Punch, Very Vanilla 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon, Button Latte Designer Buttons, Large/Small Glue Dots, Paper Piercer & Mat Pack.

0 comments: