Saturday, October 22, 2011

PP69: Give Thanks

Hi All! Are you ready for a sketch challenge this week? Nance has put together a great flagged banner sketch for us.
I was so excited when I saw this as I've been wanting to try a design like this for some time. For me, this design is all about color and paper. So, in preparation, I placed a little order and got some new goodies. Among my goodies was the new Sp
ice Cake DSP. When I say this pack is gorgeous, it is no understatement. Every single print is worthy of being on a card.

With the new DSP came some new colors to ad
d to the collection. Pool Party is the first one I used as it was in these prints I picked out. As you can see, it pairs up beautifully with Soft Suede. The flowers are new too. They are the Floral Fusion Sizzlets Die. Some of the other Paper Player girls have been using them and I was sold. I figured they'd be perfect for this sketch. At their centers are the new Polka Dot Brads. A-dor-a-ble!

The papers and design came together so easily, but I could not pull together a focal image on the banner. That's always my problem...finishing it off. Maybe something will hit me and I'll get it added. Until then, we'll let the papers be the stars of the show.

Is this sketch calling your name? If so, we'd love to see your design. Be sure to stop by the Paper Players and check out the other fabulous cards and upload your own. Thanks so much for stopping by!

The Paper Players Design Team

Ann Schach

Ann Marie Hile

Jaydee

LeAnne Pugliese

Lesley Croghan

Nance Leedy

Tara Bilbao

Cindy Hall (October Guest Designer)

Stamps: Holiday Best
Paper: Pool Party, Soft Suede and Very Vanilla Cardstock; Spice Cake DSP
Ink: Soft Suede Classic Pad
Accessories: Floral Fusion Die, Patterned Brads-Pool Party, Mat Pack & Paper Piercer and 1/16" Hole Punch

18 comments:

Jen W. said...

I don't think the card needs anything else at all. I actually love when a beautiful piece of DSP can take centre stage and that piece you used for the banner is gorgeous! And you've highlighted it perfectly with those flowers.

And thank you so much for choosing my card as you Cut Above choice! :)

LeAnne said...

Very, very pretty.....I like it just the way it is. The brads are SO fun and I love the sentiment with it...I just "unmounted" the sentiments in this set to save a little room on my stamp shelf! Now to remember to USE them! Awesome job with the sketch!

Gibmiss said...

Hello
Fabulous card ...love the papers and the flowers are stunning....
Hugs
Sylvie
xxx

Anne Marie Hile said...

Julie, this is fabulous!! Love, love, LOVE the color combo and those flowers are my absolute favorite. I especially like the paper piercing around the edges. What a great touch! You rocked the sketch for sure! :)

Ann Schach said...

These are indeed fabulous colors, Julie! And I agree with the others...no image is needed with this beauty!

Janet's Stampin Stuff said...

Julie, This is so beautiful! Spice Cake is perfect for your card. Love it!!

Louise Brown said...

Your card is beautiful and that pack of DSP has to be one of favs this season.
TFS
~Louise

Lesley said...

This is really lovely Julie! The DSP just pops against the shite background. Love the flowers too!

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Cindy you are so right it's all about the color and paper and you did a FABULOUS job! Love it.hugs

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Julie forgive me I wrote the wrong name...so sorry just got busy looking at the samples and wrote the wrong one! hugs.

Tara Bilbao said...

Julie, this is fantastic! You have just sold me on the floral fusion sizzlet. Those brads are perfection with the flowers. You have hi-lited the yummy Spice Cake DSP perfectly with this card. Awesome!

Cindy Hall said...

I just can't get enough of Spice Cake DSP. Your card is beautiful. I agree, it doesn't need anything else, and I love those flowers, too. TFS!

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

I am so excited ... we are getting the Spice Cake DSP in our next mini (starts Dec 1). This is so lovely, Julie! Hugs xx

Allison said...

I don't think this card needs anything else! I love how the papers are the focus!

None None said...

Julie - this card is perfect the way it is. I don't think it needs anything else since the paper is really the star and the floral fusion flowers are just fabulous with the polka dot brads!

Marie said...

The papers are definitely the stars of the show. What a gorgeous color comb, the papers you put together are beautiful.

Karen H. said...

Julie,
For not having a sewing machine your stitching is very nice. I love the Always Thankful set. I'm going to give the card size a few trys myself, thanks for the tip.

Pat P. said...

Love the Card just as is. Sometimes I like the simplicity of a card and the DSP and colors carry the whole design.