Sunday, October 2, 2011

PP66: A Note of Appreciation

Hi Everyone! This week at the Paper Players, LeAnne has a fabulous theme challenge for us: Music. It can be literal with music notes, it can be interpretive of a song...or just a tune that gets stuck in your head.


I was inspired by literal music notes. The Music Notes wheel was added to my collection not too long ago, so I was very excited to finally ink it up.


It has been a crazy, busy week and weekend for me, so I went CAS with this design. I was inspired by a card in the catalog where they used the same color scallops layered over the music note wheel...no ribbon, no colored layers, no piercing! I tried to just really focus on colors. I wish I would have had a Cherry Cobbler print to layer on the butterfly, but I was surprised to find that I don't...hmmmmm. So, I added some bling.

Are you inspired by a favorite song or have this same wheel that you haven't inked up yet? If so, be sure to stop by the Paper Players blog and see what the other ladies have cooked up for you...or better yet, upload your very own project. We'd love to see it! Thanks so much for stopping by!


The Paper Players Design Team

Ann Schach

Jaydee

Leanne Pugliese

Lesley Croghan

Tara Bilbao

Nance Leedy

Cindy Hall (October Guest Designer)

Rita Wright (Ms. Sassy Substitute)


Stamps: Music Notes Wheel & Picture This
Paper: River Rock & Cherry Cobbler Cardstock
Ink: Cherry Cobbler Classic Ink
Accessories: Beautiful Butteflies Die, Scallop Border Punch, Standard Wheel Handle and Rhinestones

10 comments:

LeAnne said...

Oh, I am glad I stopped by to see a closeup because I missed the "note of appreciation" on the PP blog! Even cuter!!! I love the colors you used...I just got this wheel too and it makes for such a great background for so many images! Thanks for making such a great card using my musical theme!

Nance Leedy said...

Perfect CAS card Julie! I love the colors, the layered scallops and the way the sentiment ties it all together! Great job!

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful, Julie! I love the River Rock paired with Cherry Cobbler! The sentiment is the perfect touch!

Tara Bilbao said...

Julie, I love the clean simple look of this card. So pretty! and your color combination is just fabulous. The sentiments ties in perfectly with the musical note wheel.

Lesley said...

So pretty Julie! I love the colours and the CAS design!

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Julie your card is fantastic! Love the colors and and scallops are gorgeous and also the sentiment is perfect for the "music" theme. Hugs.

Cindy Hall said...

I agree! The colors are not ones I would have chosen (who'd have thought?), but now I will definitely use them together. CAS, but still very elegant. And I want that wheel!

None None said...

This is so delightful! I love the colors and the layered scallops on top of the musical notes. The butterfly looks like it's resting on a soothing lullaby of sorts. Just a beautiful card!

Maria Matter said...

beautiful Julie!!!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Julie, this is a pretty CAS musical card! You said you wished you had a CHerry Cobbler DP to use for the butterfly, but if you had time you could make your own with a stamp on vanilla or white. Maybe the floral spray from Elements of STyle?