Saturday, October 15, 2011

PP68: Elegant Bells

Hi All! I sure hope you're having a great weekend so far. I started mine off by packing up what seems like half of my craft room to head to my sweet friend Nicole's house for an afternoon of card making with our friend Mary Beth. We all had the same theme as we sat down to create: Christmas cards. It just so happens to be our challenge this week at the Paper Players.


Create a Clean and Simple card with a Christmas theme using Red & Green. I took all of my Christmas sets, but ended up using one of my friend's sets that I don't yet have...although I think it will soon become part of my collection.

This gorgeous stamp set is called Bells & Boughs. My friend Mary Beth made a beautiful card with this set using Old Olive. Since I needed a red, I paired it up with Cherry Cobbler. Together, this trio makes a beautifully elegant card.

I have to tell you...I am truly inspired by these two ladies every time we get together. They find new ideas in the catalogs or online and they make it their own. They get excited about tearing paper or trying a new card style and that is what makes our hobby so fun to share.

I sure hope you'll share with us this week. I know many of you have a Christmas card goal that you're trying to reach. Add to that collection by joining us over at the Paper Players. We would love to see what you create. Thanks so much for stopping by!

The Paper Players Design Team

Ann Schach

Ann Marie Hile

Jaydee

LeAnne Pugliese

Lesley Croghan

Nance Leedy

Tara Bilboa

Cindy Hall (October Guest Designer)


Stamp Sets: Bells & Boughs and Four the Holidays
Paper: Cherry Cobbler & Very Vanilla Cardstock
Ink: Old Olive & Cherry Cobbler Classic Pads
Accessories: Top Note Die, Old Olive Satin Ribbon, Corner Rounder, Rhinestones and Pop Dots/Dimensionals

14 comments:

Ann Schach said...

What a classy card, Julie! I love this layout!

Linda Callahan said...

Cherry Cobbler and Old Olive add an elegance to this Christmas card! Very pretty!

LeAnne said...

Just simply beautiful! A stunning layout....I just love it!

Cindy Hall said...

I love the simplicity, yet it's so elegant. Beautifully crafted. TFS!

Charlotte said...

Lovely! Any chance of getting the dimensions please? thanks

Lesley said...

Perfect CAS card Julie! Love the shape!

Tara Bilbao said...

Julie what a fabulous card. I love the images stamped on the top note die. Very pretty!

Marie said...

Lovely card, Julie. Love how you left the images with out color! Stunning! What size is the card? Yet another use for the top note die.

Nance Leedy said...

What a great use of the top note die...such a unique layout! Beautiful way to feature this stamp set!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Julie, this is awesome! I love the enlongated design and how you showcased the Top Note in a fun way. This is CAS-tastic! Hope you are enjoying your week so far! Hugs! :)

Janine Rachau said...

What beautiful stamps and great use of them,...great design!

Allison said...

Gorgeous and definitely elegant!

Jen W. said...

I love how even with the layers on your card it's still crisp and clean and CAS.

jjcreations said...

I love how you've used this set, Julie. This card is great - the double layer of white in the two shapes is awesome. Clean, simple and fabulous.