Friday, August 19, 2011


Happy Weekend Everyone! It is finally here. If you would have asked me an hour ago if I'd be updating my blog tonight...the answer would have been a resounding no. I was ready to lay down, pull out my Nook and retire for the evening.

But, I got my second wind on the way home from dinner. We were rockin' out to the new Chili Peppers song: The Adventures of Rain Dance Maggie. It's amazing how music can have that affect on you. Just this week, I was driving to work, listening to the 80s, and landed right back in 1984. Apache Junction, AZ....7th Grade...Billy Ocean singing Loverboy. I don't think I've heard that song since then, but I caught myself singing it all day with a smile on my face. You gotta love those moments & memories!

This stamp set brings back lots of memories for me too. I think that's why I love it so much. I grew up in the country with lots of wild flowers. This image reminds me of all the flowers that grew in the fields around our house. I think it inspires a feeling of peace.

My new 'Color I Wish I Had' is Tangerine Tango. I think this set would be beautiful with it. For this card I settled for my vintage Only Orange stamp pad. I had it tucked away and forgot I even had it till I went looking for a brighter orange. I love the look of it stamped on the First Edition DSP. Got the idea from Ilina Crouse's card
here. I may redo it and sponge the edges a bit, but for now, it works. Hope you like it!

Stamps: Field Flowers & Pretty Postage
Paper: Early Espresson, Only Orange and Very Vanilla Cardstock; First Edition DSP
Ink: Garden Green, Only Orange and Early Espresso Classic Pads
Accessories: Scallop Edge Border Punch, Large Oval Punch, XL Oval Punch and Linen Thread


Louise Brown said...

Love your card!! even with the Only Orange... Stamping on the 1st Edition dsp really makes for a nice bg look. TFS

Susie said...

What a happy card Julie! Don't you love when images or songs bring back those memories???
I was driving home from a Stamping/Scrapbooking Expo this afternoon and I heard Black Magic Woman on the that song. It didn't bring back a specific memory, but reminded me of my "younger" years!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Oh, so pretty! Love that flower image over that DP and the colors are lovely! :o)

veronica said...

i am loving that field flowers set. looks great on your book print.