Sunday, August 7, 2011

Pretty Pink Bouquet

My card today is a CASE of this beautiful card by Vicki Burdick. There was something so very feminine about her card.

I don't have the Fabulous Florets stamp set yet, so I substituted the Fifth Avenue Floral set. I think it works just as nicely.

The flowers were colored using a Pretty in Pink stamp pad and my Blender Pens. They are colored lighter toward the center and darker at the tips. Before adding pearls to the center, I colored in some brown accents using my Chocolate Chip marker.

One of my favorite parts of her card, is the stitching she did randomly around the border. I pierced the holes with my mat pack, then stitched them with a needle and some pink embroidery floss I had on hand. It adds the perfect touch.

I had such fun recreating this card and love how it turned out. I hope you do too. Thanks for stopping by!

Stamps: Fifth Avenue Floral, Nature Walk, Short & Sweet
Paper: Pretty in Pink, Crumb Cake and Very Vanilla Cardstock; Shades of Spring DSP
Ink: Pretty in Pink, Certainly Celery and Chocolate Chip Classic Pads
Accessories: Mat Pack & Paper Piercer, Pink Embroidery Floss, Designer Buttons-Subtles, Linen Thread, a Needle, Basic Pearls, Dimensionals/Pop Dots and Glue Dots

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Very pretty, as always. I love the colors. I want to try "sewing" too.

Louise Brown said...

Love your card....especially the stitching and color and everything else...TFS

Susie W. said...

This card is beautiful Julie! I love the stitching, it's the perfect finishing touch. Don't you just love that Fifth Ave. set? I've used it in so many different ways.

scrappingnana said...

This is so pretty. Love the stitching and the colored flowers. TFS