Friday, October 15, 2010

Fabulous Foliage

I saw this beautiful card by Dawn Olchefske and had to recreate it. I love the colors and the design...not to mention, it's using my new favorite stamp set, French Foliage.

What caught my eye was the square shadow that's part of the focal image. You use SU's Clear Blocks to create this effect. I used size 'D' here.

To create this look:
1. Ink up the block on your stamp pad and stamp off two times.
2. Stamp it on your cardstock. I used Crumb Cake for this step.
3. Run the edge of the block around a darker color and stamp over the original image. I used Early Espresso for this step.

I would have loved to have added some Early Espresso ribbon to this, but I didn't have any. So, I improvised with one of my must have items - Linen Thread. I tied it threw a button and ended up with a piece of art. I Love it!

Thanks for stopping by.

Stamps: French Foliage & Falling Leaves
Paper: Early Espresso, Crumb Cake & Very Vanilla Cardstock
Ink: Cajun Craze, Early Espresso & Crumb Cake Classic Ink
Accessories: Clear Block D, Linen Thread and a Very Vanilla Button

10 comments:

Julie said...

This is just absolutely stunning!!!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful card! Amazing!!!!!

Deborah & Antoinette said...

Really classy card, Julie. My family is hosting Thanksgiving this year and I think I'll have to make this card for everyone's place setting. Thanks for the inspiration.

Melissa said...

Wow, your card is gorgeous! I love your work, Julie!

Tina said...

Beautiful! Love this, I'm really starting to regret not getting this set!

Doris said...

LOVE this look! Can't wait to try it using snowflakes and blue inks...

Wendie said...

Found you through iPICKS - so glad! You do beautiful work.

Ms said...

love this card....and your other idea... what an amazingly creative person you are. Thank you for sharing your creativity

Doris said...

PS--Just posted the snowflake version, but I still like yours better!

Doris said...

PPS--It's been tweaked! I'd be interested in what you think.