Sunday, December 11, 2011

PP76: Very Merry Snowflakes

Hi All! As I'm typing this, I'm realizing that this will be my last card design for the Paper Players. It has been a great ride and I've truly enjoyed working with this wonderful group of ladies. Thanks so much for having me!

For our Clean & Simple challenge this week, Ann has come up with a beautiful color theme: Cherry Cobbler, Very Vanilla and Gold.
What a gorgeous color combination this makes--it's just p
erfect for the holidays. I looked through all of my DSP and couldn't find anything that would work, so I stuck with good 'ol cardstock and some gold paper.

Of course, I missed the Clean & Simple part till I went in to upload my card to the Paper Players blog, but luckily I kept it pretty simple. My favorite part...that Baker's Twine. I've had that in my stash for quite some time and was finally able to use it. These simple little snowflakes are one of my favorites. They can be found in the Season of Friendship stamp set.

Are you inspired with this color combo? If so, hop on over to the Paper Players blog and upload your card or project. While you're there, check out all of the other fabulous design that the ladies have created just for you. Thanks so much for stopping by!

Stamps: Season of Friendship and Short & Sweet
Paper: Cherry Cobbler and Very Vanilla Cardstock; Gold Paper
Ink: Cherry Cobbler Classic Ink
Accessories: 1" and 1 1/4" Circle Punches, Scallop Border Punch, Cherry Cobbler Baker's Twine, Ivory and Red Buttons, Mat Pack & Paper Piercer and Gold Brads

8 comments:

LeAnne said...

Just love this....I think I might have to case that layout!

Ann Schach said...

Gorgeous, Julie! I LOVE the Baker's Twine! I think it is the perfect touch!

Nance Leedy said...

How sweet is this Julie?! Love all those snowflakes and I agree, the baker's twine is perfect! It's been wonderful stamping with you on the DT, thank you for all your hard work...we're going to miss you! ((hugs))

Lesley said...

This is a gorgeous layout and look Julie! Thank you for all of your hard work these past few months! How quickly the time went!
Hugs,
Lesley

Monika/Buzsy said...

So pretty Julie. Love the snowflakes in the circles. The scallop edge and twine looks fabulous. :o)

Anne Marie Hile said...

Julie, this is so fun! I love the layout and the baker's twine accent. I think my new motto is going to be "Everything is better with baker's twine!" Lol! It adds so much detail. So happy to have had the opportiunity to work with you at the PP's over the past couple months! *sad face* Thank you for sharing your beautiful work...always an inspiration. Big hugs to you! :)

Tara Bilbao said...

Julie this is such a fun card. I think you got the CAS down. Great details for a fabulous card.

Unknown said...

This is just gorgeous, Julie. I love those snowflakes! I will miss seeing your pretty cards at PP. Thanks so much for all your wonderful inspiration!