Saturday, September 18, 2010

Out on a Limb

How cute is this guy? This owl is one of our new punches in the catalog. This one punch, punches out all the pieces you need to put him together. Want to kick it up a notch...add some googly eyes. Too fun!

The paper I used is from the Nursery Suite DSP Pack. This paper is perfect for any baby cards you may need. But, as you can see, it's versatile for other type cards as well.

The hardest part about this card...not being able to tie a bow with my ribbon. I just couldn't make it work. I do, however, love the simplicity of a non bow and the addition of the Rhinestone Brad.

If you're lucky enough to have gotten the Picture This hostess set from Sale-A-Bration, it has an owl stamp that says, "Thanks for Owl you do". It has a picture of an Owl for the word and perfectly matches with this punch. I used it for the inside of the card. Quite a great ensemble!

If you have this punch, I would LOVE to see how you've used it. Please share a link in the comments ;)

Thanks for stopping by!

Stamps: Whimsical Words (Retired) & Picture This (Retired)
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Old Olive, Bashful Blue & Whisper White Cardstock: Nursery Suite DSP
Ink: Chocolate Chip Classic Ink
Accessories: Two Step Owl XL Punch, Little Leaves Die, Bashful Blue Satin Ribbon, Clear Rhinestones, Scallop Border Punch, Paper Piercer & Mat Pack, Googly Eyes, Crystal Effects and Dimensionals/Pop Dots

5 comments:

Nance Leedy said...

This is so cute Julie! I love the colors and your use of the little leaves for the owl to sit on. This punch was one of the first things I bought from the new catalog--it's so cute! Here's a link to a card I made and even a project that my daughter made. TFS!

Katherine said...

So Cute! TFS!!

Deborah & Antoinette said...

Julie:
I bought the owl punch and i have not used it yet, but now your card is my inspiration to get it out and create. This is a really cute card.

Az Scrappin Sisters said...

Would you consider doing a written tutorial for any of your great cards or treat holders?

Julie Marshall said...

You bet! If you're interested in any one in particular, just let me know. I'll get it up.