Saturday, January 16, 2010

Punched Heart Flower

Using the Heart Punch to make a flower...ingenious ;) I first saw this in our monthly demonstrator publication. They created the flowers and put them on sticks. I saw this flower and knew immediately what I wanted to pair it with...the Stem Sayings Stamp Set.

Using the Full Heart Punch, I punched (4) hearts out of Melon Mambo Textured Cardstock. I folded them in half and scored down the middle. I then stacked the hearts and using the 1/16" hole punch, punched a hole through all four. The pink DSP circle was punched with the 3/4" circle punch. Punch a hole in the center of the circle, layer it with the hole in the hearts and connect them together with one of our new Corduroy Pink Brads. Fan out your hearts and the flower is complete! It is attached to the card with a glue dot or dimensional. I didn't have a leaf punch or die, so I used the leaves from the Sweet Centers stamp set and cut them out.

It is a perfectly sweet card. I hope you like it! TFL!

Stamps: Stem Sayings & Sweet Centers (Holiday Mini)
Paper: Melon Mambo & Very Vanilla Cardstock; Melon Mambo Textured Cardstock; Sweet Always DSP (Retired)
Ink: Old Olive Classic Pad
Accessories: Full Heart Punch, 3/4" Circle Punch, Scalloped Edge Border Punch, 1/16" Hole Punch, Pretty In Pink Corduroy Brads, Bone Folder, Pink Stickles, Large Glue Dot and Sticky Strip

2 comments:

Kim Jenkins said...

You have a lot of very simple, but VERY PRETTY cards on your blog, they are just the style I love.
Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

I love the layout on this card, and the color combination. It's so fresh it has me looking forward to Spring!