Friday, January 8, 2010

Flocked Valentine

Two postings in a row...can you believe it? What can I say, I was inspired and this one was quick.

I saw this card on the cover of the new Paper Crafts magazine and had to CASE it. I don't get the magazine, but if I were to venture a guess, this card was created by Dawn McVey. Her style is very unique and if I could recreate every one of her cards, I would!

This card is all about the Christmas Cocoa DSP from the Holiday Mini. It's flocked with a velvety feel and can be used for more than just Christmas. I used it here for a Valentine's card. So, if you purchased it and already stored it away, pull it back out and get to work on your very own Valentine's Day card.

TFL!

Stamps: Short & Sweet & Polka Dot Basics II (PTI)
Paper: Kraft & Real Red Cardstock; Christmas Cocoa DSP
Ink: Real Red Classic Pad & Whisper White Craft Pad
Accessories: Scalloped Edge Punch and Real Red 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE this layout! It caught my eye right away when I first got my Paper Crafts mag. You did a FAB job on yours. That paper is dee-lish. ;) Nice work!

Amy Rohl said...

Julie, the dsp is a great idea for Valentine's Day--I'm so using your idea. Great card, and I'm all with you on loving everything Dawn creates!

Stacey Schafer said...

great use of the flocked paper:)