Sunday, September 27, 2009

Mojo Monday Challenge - Raspberry Tart Boutique


I saw the sketch over at Mojo Monday and knew I had to pull out my retired Raspberry Tart DSP from Stampin' Up! I LOVE this paper and will be sad when mine's all gone, but couldn't resist using it. Let this be inspiration to all of you...don't save it for a rainy day *wink*.

This challenge actually came together pretty quick for me. I decided on the papers I wanted to use for my circles, pulled out my Rose Red & Old Olive Ribbons, and knew that the Humor in High Heels stamp set would be just perfect! I love this dress and the designs in the DSP are perfect for recreating a fabric look. I did, however, have a huge white space at the top of my card that was throwing off the balance. I slept on it and woke up fresh this morning looking for ideas. I saw a scalloped edge on another card and thought layering mine might create a nice effect for the card. I needed something and I think this works. It reminds me of a cute boutique awning, which is just perfect for putting this dress center stage.

To finish it off, I added lots of bling and tied two elegant little bows to the center ribbons.

Thanks for stopping by....and hope you like it!

Stamps: Humor in High Heels & All Holidays
Paper: Kiwi Kiss, Rose Red & Whisper White Cardstock; Raspberry Tart DSP
Ink: Basic Black Classic Stamp Pad
Accessories: 1" Rose Red Double Stitched Ribbon, 1/4" Old Olive Grosgrain Ribbon, Paper Piercer & Mat Pack, 1 1/4" & 1 3/8" Circle Punches, Scalloped Edge Punch, Dimensionals and Clear Rhinestones

0 comments: