Thursday, November 7, 2013

Going Gingham

Hi All,

Happy Friday (almost)! To close out the week, I have another fall themed card for you.  It is a CASE of this gorgeous card by Jen over at Ladybug Designs. 


I loved all of the elements that she pulled together, especially the addition of the plaid.  What a great pop of color!  She used the Orchard Harvest DSP, but I had just gotten the Gingham wheel and used it to create mine.  It's in the 2013-2014 catalog and fits on the standard handle.

I don't have the stamp-a-majig that would probably make it easy to roll this wheel straight, so I was experiencing some technical difficulties.  In the end, I rolled the wheel on a strip of paper and actually trimmed it down.  That worked much better!

Jen had also used Core'dinations Cardstock and sanded it down. This paper sands down nicely, whereas the regular card stock does not. I didn't have it in this shade, so I did the next best thing.  I sponged on some Craft White Ink to my plain 'ol cardstock.  It gives the paper a similar worn look.  It was one of those A-Ha moments.

Although this card has a lot of elements, it still has a very simple look.  I love that about it!  If you would like to add any of these products to your collection, just click on the Order Online icon in the top right-hand corner or pop me an email.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Stamps:  Apothecary Art; Gingham Wheel
Paper: Chocolate Chip, More Mustard, Cajun Craze & Whisper White Cardstock
Ink: More Mustard Classic Pad & Whisper White Craft Pad
Accessories: Stripes Embossing Folder, Standard Handle, Leaf Dies, Naturals Designer Buttons, Linen Thread, Cajun Craze Candy Dots, Sponge and Glue Dots

1 comments:

Audrey Pettit said...

Adorable fall card, Julie! I am a huge fan of chocolate brown, so this is right up my alley! Great leaves and love the gingham wheel print. The embossing/paint adds a great touch, too!