Wednesday, August 24, 2016

A Starry Fish

Hi All,

Here is the final card in my Watercolor series.  This one is actually a watercolor print that we made in my workshop last week.  I usually don't do a lot of 'techniques', but I wanted to create a card featuring this starfish and a watercolor background seemed like a perfect fit.



The starfish is from the Picture Perfect stamp set.  I had actually bought this set specifically for this image, but ended up playing with the hummingbird first.  The starfish is a two-step stamp.  I stamped the first image in Baked Brown Sugar (stamped off first) and the second image in Crumb Cake (stamped off first).

Item # 140520 Picture Perfect $27.00

The watercolor technique is pretty easy to do and fun to play with.  I squirted a bit of the Island Indigo reinker in the lid of my Island Indigo stamp pad.  I then grabbed an Aqua Painter and added a bit of water from the brush tip till the ink was a bit watered down.  The more water you add, the lighter blue you will get.  I then brushed it onto the Watercolor Paper.  I like cleaner lines, so I did diagonal brush strokes, but you could do circles or curly-cues if you prefered  Tip: I did try this on regular cardstock and watercolor paper.  The watercolor paper works much better.  It helps absorb the water and blends the colors together nicely.

Item # 122959 Watercolor Paper $5.00

Item # 122932 Island Indigo Reinker $3.25

Item # 103954 Aqua Painters $17.00

Item # 141487 5/8" Burlap Ribbon $7.00

The beach is one of my favorite places to be.  There is just something so calm and serene that draws you in.  I think this card captures a bit of that.  If you'd like to add any of these products to your collection, just pop me an email or click on the 'Order Online' icon in the top right-hand corner. Thanks so much for stopping by! 

Stamps: Picture Perfect, Happy Harmony
Paper: Baked Brown Sugar & Very Vanilla Cardstock; Watercolor Paper
Ink: Baked Brown Sugar, Crumb Cake and Island Indigo Classic Pads & Island Indigo Reinker
Accessories: 5/8" Burlap Ribbon, Aqua Painters, Brown Brads and Pop Dots/Dimensionals

0 comments: