I guess it's official this week. Fall is in the air. Cooler temps. Pumpkin Spice Lattes. It's my favorite time of year!
I don't have an autumnal card for you today, but I do have a Fun Fold Tunnel Card. It is exactly like it sounds. It forms a tunnel between the two sides of the card.
Although it looks complicated, this card is so easy to make. I was inspired by this card by Dawn Olchefske. She has a tutorial on her Blog if you'd like to check it out and I've also added instructions below:
- Cut a sheet of 8 1/2 x 11 paper in half horizontally to form (2) 8 1/2 x 5/12 sheets
- Score the "window" piece at 2-1/8", 4-1/4" and 6-3/8". This creates the fold.
- Die cut a window in the center of the window piece
- The base piece is stamped and then folded in half and scored
- Adhere the left panel and the right panel of the window piece to the base piece
- Decorate the front of the card as you like
I chose to keep with the Butterfly Basics theme and used just about every image in the set for the front and inside of the card. Here is the front:
I had seen these ferns "stamped off" on some other cards and loved that effect. It was pretty popular with the ladies at my workshop too. This set is perfectly organic and feminine. The hubs even said it looked professional. Don't they all???? lol
The must-have items for this card are:
|Simply Scored Scoring Tool 122334 $30.00|
|Butterfly Basics / Butterflies Thinlits Dies Bundle 138865 $41.50|
You can also buy these separate
Stamps: Butterfly Basics
Paper: Whisper White Cardstock and Sweet Pea DSP
Ink: Melon Mambo, Pear Pizzazz Classic Pads & Jet Black StazOn
Accessories: Simply Scored Scoring Tool, Butterflies Thinlits Dies, Ovals Collection Framelits, Stampin' Write Markers and Dimensionals/Pop Dots