Saturday, October 26, 2013

Doily Drama

Hi All,

Two posts in one weekend?  Yep, that's me.  I wanted to get these cards up before I move on to Halloween and Fall themed cards.  I named this card Doily Drama because at my workshop a few weeks ago, it stole the show. It was inspired by a card created by Cristena Bagne.


What's not to love?  The design is simple, but it packs a big punch.  I think the true stars of this card are the Island Indigo and Crumb Cake.  They are Fab-u-lous together and create a great base for the Doily and Baker's Twine.  Pair these up with some antique embellies and you have a winner.

I had a tough time getting the Baker's Twine tight enough to tie a bow.  Here's my tip: wrap your Baker's Twine around the card and before you create your loops, add a small glue dot behind the knot.  This will hold it in place to finish the bow.

I love this card and had fun designing it.  Island Indigo is one of my favorite colors and I enjoyed using it with a feminine spin. Hope you like it too!  Thanks for stopping by!

Stamps: Oh Hello
Paper: Crumb Cake Cardstock; Sycamore Street DSP
Ink: Island Indigo Classic Pad
Accessories: Tea Lace Paper Doily, Island Indigo Baker's Twine, Petal Cone Die, Vintage Trinkets, Antique Brads, Mini Glue Dots, 1/16" Hole Punch and a Ruler/Pencil to create banner

3 comments:

Susie W. said...

This card is so, so pretty Julie! I love the doily, paired with that bold dsp. Gorgeous!

Kim S said...

Fabulous layout!

Sushi Recipes said...

Hi thanks for posting this.