Tuesday morning started like every other...until I sat down to read my emails. Imagine my surprise when I saw that my sweet friend Jamie Pierson had given me the Stylish Blog Award. She's just fabulous and I'm quite flattered that she thought of me. Her blog is Shabby Horse and if you haven't been there, you need to hop on over. Thanks so much Jamie!
When you receive this Award, you are to Pay it Forward and follow these rules:
1. Thank the person who gave you this award and link it back to their blog
2. Share 8 things about yourself
3. Pass this award on to 8 other individuals that you have discovered
4. Leave them a comment so they can pass along the recognition
It wasn't easy coming up with 8 things to share, but I think I got some good ones. Here we go:
1. I L-O-V-E Ice Tea...the sweeter the better! Homemade with Lemon is pure perfection, but the next best thing: a Venti Iced Black Tea Sweetened from Starbucks. I once got it 3 times in one day. What can I say...it's hot in AZ!
2. In 1991, I was the Mt Pleasant Glass Festival Queen. Oh yes, this is vintage footage from the Wilkins archives. And, hubby just mentioned that this gown is still hanging in our closet. Do you think it still fits???
3. I love Math. I'm probably one of the few people who enjoyed taking the AZ Certification test for Middle School Math. Now I just have to figure out how to work these skills into my card making....hmmmm.
4. I've traveled to 37 of the 50 states. With the exception of Hawaii, I've traveled by car to all of them. Most recently, we drove to Oregon, where I got to see Goonie's Beach. (Yep, I'm an 80's girl at heart)
5. I would go to a concert weekly if I could. I love live music, pretty much everything from Alt Rock to Country. I would love to learn the electric guitar...so, I love listening to it being played. A few years ago, I was in the Pit for Motley Crue. That was awesome!
6. I love to read. If it's a great book, I have no problem staying up till 2-3 O'clock in the morning...which is why I have to wait till Friday to start a much anticipated new book. My favorite read lately: The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton. One of my faves!!
7. I'm pretty sure I've seen the movie Titanic more than anyone. If it's on TV (which it is a lot) I have this compulsion to watch it. It's pretty much the perfect movie: great story, beautiful costumes and endless love. I'll be going to see it in 3-D in 2012, which would make it the 4th time I see it in the theaters ;)
8. Finally, I've had as many different hair styles as I've seen Titanic. I would love to scrapbook it one day to see the evolution of Julie.
Now...as if coming up with all of these wasn't hard enough...and getting these pictures just right on Blogger, I have 8 wonderful artists that Inspire me to share with you:
Joanne Leddy at Creative Stamping Ideas
Susie at Inspired by Nature
Julie B at Julie B's Stampin' Space
Jenny Peterson at Lakeshore Stamping
Emma Fewkes at Lady & the Stamp
Maureen Merritt at Mama Mo Stamps
Alison at Nice People Stamp
Robin Merriman at Trinity Designs
Where flowers bloom...
4 hours ago