Saturday, June 26, 2010

Sneak Peek #1 Artistic Etchings

This is my first Sneak Peek from the new catalog. I saw this set and knew I HAD to have it! Who doesn't love Paris and the Eiffel Tower? The other images in this set are just as fabulous. There's an Antique Key, a Crown and the word Amour. You'll be seeing these sooner or later!

This card is inspired by Kazan's Sketch Challenge #55 over at 2 Sketches 4 You. I'm finding it much easier to design cards if I track down a sketch that I can work my stamp set in with.

Also on this card is one of the new colors: Cherry Cobbler. I Love it! It is just the prettiest shade of red. The DSP I used is from the new Newsprint pack. The prints are in Basic Black and Very Vanilla. There are sheets reminiscent of a Dictionary Page, Sheets of Music, a World Map, Large Numbers, Large Letters and Newsprint, of course ;)

The only thing this card is missing is one of the new Antique Brads. I wasn't able to preorder those...*Sigh* Once I have them, I will be placing one right below the Paris print. That will make it complete.

These products will be available to order on Thursday, July 1st.

I hope to have another sneak peek tomorrow. Be sure to stop back in. TFL!

Stamps: Artistic Etchings
Paper: Basic Black & Very Vanilla Cardstock; Newsprint DSP
Ink: Cherry Cobbler and Basic Black Classic Inks
Accessories: Nesties, Paper Piercer & Mat Pack, 5/8" Black Satin Ribbon & Dimensionals/Pop Dots

6 comments:

Sylvia said...

Like the way you took the sketch and used this set! Great card!

Unknown said...

your card is so elegant and beautiful. I love the striking use of black :)
Thanks for playing along with us at 2S4Y this week
Hugs
Kazan

cnelson said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!

Unknown said...

This is one awesome card! Love the sketch. This stamp set is to die for, and you did a wonderful job with it. I LOVE those antique brads too and can't wait to get my hands on them. The new catty is FAB. :)

Jean Fitch from jlfstudio said...

Another awesome and elegant card Julie. Have to CASE this for sure. All the different elements really add a lot to the design.

Lynn Put said...

WOW this is fantastic!!! I love this layout you used and stamped elements behind the Effel Tower!